Wednesday, January 24, 2018
9 AM – 3 PM
Quality Inn, Batavia, NY
You Will Learn:
- Why planning is critical to succeeding when a new generation joins the management team or takes control of the farm business.
- About the legal issue surrounding asset preservation in estate and transfer planning.
- Communication tactics to use for building strong working relationships across the generations.
- Meet people who can help you develop an estate and/or succession plan that fits your farm.
- Preserving Farm Assets for Future Generations.
- Legal Issues to Address in Estate and Farm Business Succession Planning.
- Communicating to Build and Strengthen Working Relationships.
- Timothy Moag, Freed, Maxick and Battaglia, CPAs PC
- Steven Walker, Scolaro, Fetter, Grizanti, McGough & King, PC, Attorneys & Counselors at Law
- Erica Leubner, MSW, NY FarmNet Farm Family Consultant
Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Northwest New York Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Team and PRO-DAIRY encourage farm owner managers and potential entrants to the business to participate in this seminar for an introduction to important concepts in succession and estate planning.
A series of workshops to help participants clarify their goals, identify a planning team to assist in achieving retirement, succession or estate planning goals and learn skills for communicating your ideas to your heirs or successors will be offered following this seminar.