Member-stockowners of CentralStar Cooperative confirmed the election of 13 dairy and beef producers to the board of directors at the cooperative’s annual meeting in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
“We are fortunate to have such a talented and dedicated group of member-owners that are passionate about the direction of CentralStar,” said Jerome Meyer, Chief Executive Officer, CentralStar Cooperative. “This group ensures the cooperative provides industry leading genetics, DHI, artificial insemination (A.I.) services, and animal health products that will enhance profitability for dairy and beef producers across our market area.”
The CentralStar board of directors includes 13 elected member-owners, each representing a specific geographic area, as well as one position which is appointed by the board.
The 13 elected members include:
- Paul Trierweiler, Westphalia, Mich.
- Steve Abel, Fond du Lac, Wis.
- Lyle Ott, Hilbert, Wis.
- Dan Mielke, Colby, Wis.
- Dorothy Harms, Reedsburg, Wis.
- Larry Voigts, Platteville, Wis.
- Rick Adams, Elkhorn, Wis.
- Roger Weiland, Columbus, Wis.
- Lee Jensen, Elk Mound, Wis.
- Andy Wolf, Oconto Falls, Wis.
- Mark Ziel, Port Austin, Mich.Jeff Horning, Manchester, Mich.
- Ken Carnahan, Butler, Ind.
- Steve Maier, Jim Falls, Wis. holds the appointed position.
Within this group, five were elected to serve in officer positions.
- Trierweiler of TDI Farms, LLC was elected President. In addition to serving six years on the NorthStar Cooperative board, he currently serves on the Union Bank board of directors, a position he has held for 14 years. Previously Trierweiler served two years on the Michigan State University (MSU) Dairy Advisory Committee.
- Abel of Abel Dairy Farms, LLC was elected Vice President. Previously Abel served 16 years on the East Central/Select Sires board, seven as President. He has also served on several county committees including the Fond du Lac County Board of Supervisors, and the UW-Extension Education, Ag & Recreation Committees.
- Ott of River Bridge Holsteins, LLC was elected Second Vice President. Ott previously served on the NorthStar board for 30 years. Currently he serves on the Select Sires board, is a member of the Calumet County Farmland Preservation Board, and the County Parks Committee.
- Mielke was elected Treasurer. Owner of Huson Farms, LLC, Mielke previously served on the NorthStar board for 24 years, and currently serves on the Select Sires board.
- Harms of Valley Springs Farm was elected Secretary. A member of the East Central board for 17 years, Harms served as both Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer. Harms has been a member of the Select Sires board since 2011, and currently presides as President.