Recipients include 10 deserving students in California and Arizona
The Vocational Scholarship recipients were selected based on both merit and need. The scholarship program was developed to provide UnitedAg member employees seeking agriculture job-specific education and training at certified vocational schools, trade schools or other institutions.
UnitedAg is proud to announce the 2019 Vocational Scholarship recipients:
- Laura Bigham; True Leaf Farms; San Juan Bautista.
- Oscar Coronel; Church Brothers, LLC; Salinas.
- Faith Gonzalez; Castle Rock Farm & Transport; Delano.
- Yadira Infante; Ever-Bloom; Carpinteria.
- Selena Medina; RAMCO; Salinas.
- Lupita Renteria-Galvan; Ocean Mist Farms, Inc.; Castroville.
- Daisy Rojas; CA Heritage Mills; Maxwell.
- Domiziana Trejo; Associated Feed & Supply; Turlock.
- Teresa Vega; Saticoy Lemon Association; Santa Paula.
- Cesar Ximenez Cornejo; Duncan Family Farms; Buckeye, AZ.
Since inception, the Agribusiness Education Foundation has awarded more than $1.5 million in scholarship monies to 897 students.
The 2019 UnitedAg Vocational Scholarship recipients will be honored during luncheon ceremonies across California and Arizona. For more information regarding the luncheon ceremonies, please contact Maribel Ochoa, Marketing Manager at 949.471.3206.
Founded in 1980, UnitedAg is a member-owned agricultural trade association dedicated to providing innovative health benefit solutions for a strong and healthy agricultural industry. UnitedAg represents more than 1,000 agriculture-affiliated member organizations, including agricultural companies (growers, shippers, coolers, processors, dairy and livestock producers, and supporting businesses); associates; cooperatives; and partner agricultural associations. UnitedAg helps its members meet their employee benefits needs, promotes their interests with lawmakers, and helps them comply with legislation and regulation. Based in Irvine, Calif., UnitedAg has offices and health centers in Oxnard, Corona, Salinas, Fresno and Santa Maria.