The U.S. Department of Agriculture today announced the appointment of 13 members to serve on the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board. The 13 appointees will serve three-year terms, effective immediately, through October 31, 2023.
More information about the board is available on the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service National Dairy Promotion and Research Board webpage.
Since 1966, Congress has authorized industry-funded research and promotion boards to provide a framework for agricultural industries to pool their resources and combine efforts to develop new markets, strengthen existing markets and conduct important research and promotion activities. AMS provides oversight to 21 boards. The oversight ensures fiscal accountability and program integrity, and is paid for by industry assessments.
Newly appointed members are:
- Sharon A. DeRuyter, Washington (Region 1)
- Timothy A. Bernhardt, Colorado (Region 3)
- Robert Brouwer, New Mexico (Region 4)
- Marvin D. Post, South Dakota (Region 5)
- George R. Crave, Wisconsin (Region 6)
- Donald L. Gaalswyk, Idaho (Region 8)
- Lois C. Douglass, Ohio (Region 9)
- Kathryn L. Fogler, Maine (Region 12)
Reappointed members are:
- Orville D. Miller, Kansas (Region 4)
- Becky L. Levzow, Wisconsin (Region 6)
- Alex D. Peterson, Missouri (Region 7)
- John M. Larson, Florida (Region 10)
- Ralph B. Hoffman, New Jersey (Importer)