Recently, it seems like I hear a lot of comments about how people aren’t doing better, either because of the President, some Congressman, some policy or some other factor out of our control.
Welcome to life. Don’t we all have challenges to face? Of course, we do, but whining about them or expecting someone else to sacrifice something so we can do better isn’t the answer. That’s called a “Zero Sum Game,” where I only win if you lose or vice versa. We live in the greatest economy in the world with the most options available anywhere. There is a much better way to boost your results.
It’s called The Strategy Circle™ and was developed by my Business Coach Dan Sullivan of the Strategic Coach, who states that the challenges and obstacles we face are actually the raw material for reaching our goals.
Here are the steps to take:
- Decide what it is you want to achieve. Only you can determine this.
- Identify what the biggest obstacles are for you to overcome. As Dan points out, “these obstacles are the raw material for achieving your goals.”
- Start thinking about how you can overcome these challenges. What steps do you need to take, who can help you with these tasks, and how soon can you get started? Remember that every 1,000-mile journey begins with taking the first step.
- Set deadlines for each of the steps you’ll need to take. Without a deadline, these will only be a dream that will never get done.
- Finally, get started. Nothing will ever be completed without your taking action.
Best wishes for the greatest level of success in your business this year!