As we begin a new and exciting year, I want to share with you the story of Howard Hill, perhaps the greatest archery performer ever. They say that not only could he split an apple on the top of someone’s head successfully, but he could also split those halves a second time. And thank you, but “No, I’m not really interested in holding the apple…”
I only tell you the story because as you start this new year, I want you set some, as Jim Collins calls them, BHAG’s, i.e., Big Hairy Audacious Goals!!! Make them big and challenging. The bigger the better!
- Define them clearly.
- Lay out the steps to get there.
- Determine who will be involved.
- Set a deadline for the completion of these steps.
- If you hit snags (Welcome to life…), adjust your course, as needed.
- Then, go forward, and “take no prisoners!”
And, you know what? You’d be absolutely correct. The same holds true for you. You cannot hit a goal that you cannot see. You must literally visualize it and then “Go for it!” You may recall what I suggested previously:
- Determine what you want to pursue now. Define it clearly in your mind. If you don’t, guess what. Another year could go by, and you’ll still fall short of that objective!
- What steps do YOU need to take? What is your first one?
- Who else can assist you with this process? Are they already on your team, or is it someone from outside? Forget about “saving your way to prosperity.” The right person on some of these tasks will pay for themselves 5-10X over. Ask anyone who has ever been saved from the brink of financial disaster. They never considered the cost, just the potential benefit.
- When do you want to achieve this result?
- What will the “drivers” of this challenge need?
If I can assist you with this process, please contact me at email@example.com or 209-988-8960. Best Wishes for a prosperous year!
You can view the related video below: