Applications from qualified candidates sought by September 1
The Wisconsin Holstein Association (WHA) is seeking applications for the role of Executive Director. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, events and the execution of the mission of the Wisconsin Holstein Association and its 3,000 adult members and 1,000 junior members. The Wisconsin Holstein Association is involved and supports a wide variety of activities pertaining to Wisconsin’s dairy industry. This role reports to the Board of Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing program, organization and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board
- Serve as the direct line to each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction to execute all events and programs of the Junior and Adult Holstein Association while tracking the success of each
- Actively engage and energize employees and volunteers for all events and programs.
- Establish sound working relationships with vendors, sponsors, members and other associations with an external presence
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing the yearly budget and ensure the organization operates within budget guidelines as well as deliver monthly financial reports to the Finance Committee
- Manage membership, including dues and dues structure, retention and recruitment
- Expand revenue generating activities to support existing programs and identify new ones
- Develop and implement the newly formed 501c3 called Wisconsin Holstein Foundation, Inc.
- Work with WHA financials and accounting firm to keep accurate and user-friendly books and to implement best accounting practices
- Assist with 2019 National Holstein Convention planning efforts
This position requires excellent communication skills, organization and time-management practices. It also requires the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, in addition to excellent financial management and budgeting skills. The Executive Director must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people while demonstrating good analytical and decision-making skills. Strong knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems are encouraged. Experience with QuickBooks, human resources and sales a plus.
To apply, submit the following materials email@example.com or mail to: 902 8th Avenue, Baraboo, WI 53913 by September 1, 2018.
1. Cover letter explaining why you would be the best fit for the position
2. Resume including education, work experience and accomplishments
3. Salary requirements
For more information on this role, contact WHA President Craig Carncross at 608-643-4185 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on WHA, visit our website or call the office at 1-800-223-4269.
Wisconsin Holstein is a not-for-profit membership organization with the purpose of promoting the Wisconsin Registered Holstein Breed and its breeders and owners. For more information visit the WHA website at www.wisholsteins.com.