Farmers and ranchers from across Kansas gathered in Manhattan Feb. 7-9
The conference provided young ag producers between the ages of 18-35 with agricultural education, motivational speakers and opportunities to connect with industry resources and network with peers.
State committee members from each of the 10 Kansas Farm Bureau districts planned and hosted the conference. The conference included workshops, speakers, tours and competitions. The YF&R state committee played an integral part in making this year’s conference a success.
Winners of the conference competitions included:
- Collegiate Discussion Meet – Max Harmon, Kansas State University
- YF&R Discussion Meet – Scott Thellman, Douglas County
- Ag Quiz Bowl – Colt Sutterby, Eli Ohlde, Isaac Brunkow and Andy Mink, Kansas State University
- Excellence in Agriculture – Jackie Mundt, Pratt County
- YF&R of the Year – John Buttenhoff, Lincoln County
- Young farmers and ranchers from 82 counties participated in this year’s event.
Kansas Farm Bureau’s mission is to strengthen agriculture and the lives of Kansans through advocacy, education and service.