Penn State Extension Dairy Team is offering three locations for its Youth Dairy Days
The Penn State Extension Dairy Team is offering three locations for its Youth Dairy Days to help young people learn the science of modern dairy farming while receiving training in good management practices.
Designed for youth between the ages of 5 and 18, each Dairy Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and will offer a multitude of hands-on experiences to help young people broaden their knowledge of the industry. Any young person with an interest in the dairy industry is welcome to participate.
Locations and Dates for Dairy Day, all from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- June 10: Indiana County Fairgrounds, 803 Hospital Road, Indiana, PA. Deadline: June 5
- June 18, Shippensburg Fairgrounds, 10131 Possum Hollow Road, Shippensburg, PA. Deadline: June 12
- June 20, Huntingdon County Fairgrounds, 10455 Fairgrounds Access Road, Huntingdon, PA. Deadline: June 17
Topics will include:
- Quality Animal Management
- Forage Quality
- Cheese Making
- Pesticide Safety
- Pregnancy and Reproductive Efficiency
The day-long event is free to participants due to the generosity of local sponsors. A parent/guardian or designated chaperone is required to remain throughout the day with youth under the age of 8. Instructors will be Extension Educators.
Registration is required. Visit https://extension.psu.edu/youth-dairy-day for more information and to register. Be sure and register adults as well a youth.