Conference Focused on Hiring, Training and Engaging Employees for Top Performance
The one-day conference will be held on Wed., Dec. 12 at Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wis., from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm. In addition to sessions that address managing employees, presenters will also share insights on maintaining the physical and mental health of both managers and employee teams.
Facilitators for the day-long workshop will include:
- Trevina Broussard, a talent consultant and trainer with Frontline Success Training and Consulting
- John Shutske, professor and cooperative extension specialist at the UW-Madison Department of Biological Systems Engineering
- Rhonda Strebel, executive director of the Rural Health Initiative
Each participant will also attend three one-hour breakout sessions, including:
- “Thrive in a multi-generational, multi-personality workplace” presented by Broussard, which will explore ways to make the most of a workplace with multiple generations and personality types.
- “Navigating the roadways of stress” presented by Shutske, will share the basics of everyday and acute stress, and how long-term stress can create a cycle of chronic stress, and its impacts on decision-making, health and more.
- “Protect yourself from head to toe” presented by Strebel, will provide the tools to implement a workplace wellness program to prevent injuries on your dairy farm.
To learn more about the Human Resources Workshop and to register, visit www.pdpw.org or contact PDPW at 1-800-947-7379. Follow along digitally in advance of and during the event by following @dairyPDPW and using #DairyHR2018 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
The Human Resources Workshop is an accredited training and offers up to 6 Dairy AdvanCE continuing education units (CEUs) for each day. To learn more or secure credits, visit www.DairyAdvance.org. Up to 6 non-scientific CEU Credits are available to UW-School of Veterinary medicine (UW-SVM).
Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) is the nation’s largest dairy producer-led organization of its kind, focusing on producer professionalism, stakeholder engagement and unified outreach to share ideas, solutions, resources and experiences that help dairy producers succeed.