The 2021 Midwest Manure Summit is going virtual! This free, online event, hosted by the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Extension Dairy Team and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, will be held on February 24th from 9 am to 4:30 pm via Zoom.
Nationally recognized speakers and presentation topics include:
- Addressing Manure Odors at the Source – Dr. Erin Cortus, Associate Professor, Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Ammonia Capture for the Organic Market – Dr. Robert Levine, Co-Founder and CEO, Digested Organics, LLC
- Biochar and Manure Management – Dr. Becky Larson, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, UW-Madison
- Biogas Upgrading – Mr. Kevin Dobson, DTE Energy, and Mr. Nick Elger, US EPA AgStar
- I(AM)ResponsibleTM…and So Are You! Agriculture’s Role in Addressing Antimicrobial Resistance – Dr. Amy Schmidt, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Pelletizing Manure Solids – Dr. Mahmoud Sharara, Department of Biolocal and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University
- Reconnecting the Nutrient Cycle: Capture of Liquid Dairy Manure as Struvite and Its Use for Alfalfa Production – Dr. Joe Harrison, Extension Specialist, Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University
- The Role of Manure Management to Mitigate Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Dairy Farms – Dr. Horacio Aguirre-Villegas, Assistant Scientist, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Systems Modeling and Optimization for Organic Waste Management – Dr. Victor Zavala, Baldovin-DaPra Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, UW-Madison
- Wet Gasification for a Dairy Farm – Mr. Peter Wright, Agricultural Engineer, Department of Animal Science, Cornell University
The 2021 Midwest Manure Summit is sponsored by UW-Madison, Division of Extension and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences with financial support provided by: Braun Electric, Inc, BioFirm, Dairy Business Association, Greenstone Farm Credit Services, Hoard’s Dairyman/Journal of Nutrient Management, Oxbo International Corporation, ProfitPro AG, Trident Processes, Inc, Investors Community Bank, L & L Sales and Service, Inc, Progressive Publishing and Reisterer and Schnell.